Quintessential Fish
Excuse me while I dematerialize for a few moments. You see
I'm overdue for my afternoon fix. Feel free to amuse yourselves
in my absence. I'll just be changing into something more
comfortable. Let's see... shall I put on a lovely thin pane of
glass, or shall it be something even a bit more risque, like
a dancing little breeze. With this I promise to frolic behind
your neck. Oh and one more thing; when I return, don't be
fooled by my apparent solidity. I'll merely be an outline, drawn
and manipulated by my entourage of invisible, roguish sprites.
They circulate around me like a halo, 24/ 7.
It's my fate. I can't fight it. These mischievous little creatures
with their convoluted sense of humor, gleefully play hooky
from all responsibility. They duck for cover when hearts draw
near. They pan for fools gold, deliberately. They will try to
befuddle you by throwing smoke and mirrors your way, all the
while blurring my vision by forcing me to wear rose colored
glasses. You can catch a glimpse of me hiding in the
background, dodging concrete obstacles; hoping never to be
targeted and never to be found.
I have a carpet full of lumps decorating the lining inside my
head. Yes...the little buggers are in there too. Those devilish
fiends crouch and hide every time I question them. I'm careful
not to step on any of them for fear of phasing myself out
permanently. Those meanies all cajole me and call me this
terrible name...Pisces! Now I plead for some compassion and
and mercy. Will someone please call a doctor! There must be
some pain relief for this incurable disorder.
I'm overdue for my afternoon fix. Feel free to amuse yourselves
in my absence. I'll just be changing into something more
comfortable. Let's see... shall I put on a lovely thin pane of
glass, or shall it be something even a bit more risque, like
a dancing little breeze. With this I promise to frolic behind
your neck. Oh and one more thing; when I return, don't be
fooled by my apparent solidity. I'll merely be an outline, drawn
and manipulated by my entourage of invisible, roguish sprites.
They circulate around me like a halo, 24/ 7.
It's my fate. I can't fight it. These mischievous little creatures
with their convoluted sense of humor, gleefully play hooky
from all responsibility. They duck for cover when hearts draw
near. They pan for fools gold, deliberately. They will try to
befuddle you by throwing smoke and mirrors your way, all the
while blurring my vision by forcing me to wear rose colored
glasses. You can catch a glimpse of me hiding in the
background, dodging concrete obstacles; hoping never to be
targeted and never to be found.
I have a carpet full of lumps decorating the lining inside my
head. Yes...the little buggers are in there too. Those devilish
fiends crouch and hide every time I question them. I'm careful
not to step on any of them for fear of phasing myself out
permanently. Those meanies all cajole me and call me this
terrible name...Pisces! Now I plead for some compassion and
and mercy. Will someone please call a doctor! There must be
some pain relief for this incurable disorder.

11 Comments:
Come over here to the East coast and be that breeze behind my neck and we'll see if we can exorcise a few!! Kidding. Boulies this is an incredible "Fish Tale"!! I'll be back to read it several more times. Hey looks like I'm first again!!
Darn it! I'm second! But you know a Leo, we allow hypnosis to settle in and translate the language of the fish. While my eyes danced in circles and traced S's in the water that rippled to the beautiful frolic of the Pisces, I became a languid fool to time and stuck around - half dreaming - to hear your mysterious fishy tales. After all, there's nothing for me to fear in the water. I love fish!
sister boulies, what a fun and engaging piece! I would LOVE to read your discription of every zodiac sign - if only you had that kind of time.
Reading this was truly like becoming fascinated by the movement and secret life of a fish who swims wherever it wants.
They pan for fools gold deliberately This is a brilliant line!
Like the breeze, and a sprite, and a magnificent soul who dives in pools of wonder, this piece is swimming with schools of joy!
Thank you! I couldn't wait for you to post again, and now that you have, I shall lick my claws and wait for the next meal.
:)
WONDERFUL!
Pat, Those sprites would probably drop off like flies in that kind of heat! I'm so glad you enjoyed my fishy little saga. It's always a pleasure to see you pop up here first. Thank you!
Sis Neetee, You may be second, but last is never least. As for you having nothing to fear in the water, you could out smart even the wisest and most cunning, predatorial fish of them all; as your wise and poetic words here clearly demonstrate. As for me describing all the signs of the zodiac, even if I had time, I only know what beasts and angels lurk in my own head. And whatever they are, they're definitely of a Piscean nature.
Thank you for your beautiful comments. And if no one knew what sign you were before this, they will all know by your last line giveaway. Do lions eat fish? Please say no!
ok - boulies you're a doctor
(did it help) :)
ah a piscine nature
a beautiful flash of silver
swimming successfully against any current
but i can't believe you're cold-blooded
loved "pan for fools gold deliberately"
wonderful exposition of your sign
me - i'm just an old goat :)
thank you
Floots, Not only am I warm blooded, unlike any fish I know, but I'm also not a very good swimmer for fear of the water. I'm a contradiction in motion. I've known just a few Capricorn's in my life, I feel lucky to know this one I'm writing to right now! Your even, steady nature shows in your ablility to continuously produce such brilliant works in poetry. Thank you for displaying that once again in your comment here. I'm so glad you enjoyed this piece.
wow, boulies, when did you get to rummage around my head? or maybe it was the sprites...
this is a wonderful description of piscean nature and i can relate to so many things... thank you.
(this is the first time i'm leaving a comment at your blog but i've read and enjoyed your posts before)
polona, Welcome! I'm glad to hear you're read previous posts and that you decided to leave a comment this time. I also glad to hear that a fellow piscean is relating to what I have to say about it. Thank you!
pisceans are second only to arians of course.
did i ever tell you that in my day job I AM A DOCTOR?
Doctor Cocaine, Does that mean we're related? Perhaps you can prescribe some little green pills to calm down those little mental renegades.
Silvermoon, Thank you for your kind and lighthearted compliments. It's always great to hear from you.
knock
knock
hi?
any body in?
Post a Comment
<< Home